Family

Family

Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Return To Normality - Three Month Checkup

Wednesday 3rd December

I took today off as leave, leaving home at 8:02 to travel via the A44 to Worcester Royal Hospital.  I was lucky and found a space in the fourth row of the main car park, but struggled to reverse in.....  No, it no good, I can't manage to write an email such as mum would write.

Suffice to say, I had my three month appointment with the cardiac consultant this morning.  First blood pressure, weight and ECG taken.  I then saw the consultant (Dr Trevelian).  His view is that everything is okay.  Blood pressure on the right side (Dr Serenyi thinks it is a hint high), medication okay, no problems showing up on ECG, statins low.  Risk factors heading in the right direction.

I asked my usual question exercise, and his response was I should be able to build up to at least what I was doing before, but build up is the key phrase.  I discussed mountain marathons to give him an idea of what I might want to do, and he thought that come next year, that would be okay if I build up to it slowly.  Don't worry, I can think of plenty of reasons for not doing a mountain marathon next year, though a short audax cycle might be nice.

I went for a cycle ride, Honeybourne route, 17.2km in 50 minutes, the furthest I have ridden since my heart attack.  It was a wonderful sunny day.  I then went to the rehab gym in the afternoon, then had a brief solo bouldering session on the indoor wall to see how I got on - okay but hard work.  At least it elicited a response from some in the rehab gym as they walked past.  Very tired now, and as always (and is common in new heart attack patients), I worry if I have done too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment