Family

Family

Saturday, 29 November 2014

Return To Normality - Painswick Night Orienteering

Saturday 29th November

I felt that today I took another step towards normality after my heart attack (13 weeks ago) and attended an orienteering event; the night O at Painswick Beacon.  I had hesitated, and I think M was somewhat annoyed as I couldn't decide what to do today; when to visit her mother and whether we should go to the Tantantara concert at All Saints.  In the end the orienteering won of course.

M and I to Stonehouse where M visited her mother and I had a walk in Standish Wood.  It was a lovely sunny day.


We then drove to Painswick Beacon for the night event. M sat in the car and read (thank you M).  I started early, a little before the official start, my thinking being that if I had any problems at least there would be people about.  I had no problems and loved it.  I didn't go very far, 11 controls, but found myself jogging on some sections, which came as a surprise.  I was so happy to be back. 

My actual route wasn't as neat as shown.  I tried to go from control 230 to 212, but missed it and in relocation found myself nearer to control 218, so got 212 on the way back instead.  Control 208 was missing the Sports Ident. I should have paid more attention to the time as I could have fitted in control 202 which I know from experience has a stunning nite time view of Gloucester.  And I realise that not everybody shares my view that night orienteering defines normality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment