This blog is intended to be a personal diary and to let my family know what we have been up to.
Family
Thursday, 13 November 2014
Film - Before I Go to Sleep
This is my last week working fully half time after my heart attack. I took M in to hospital for her hip operation for 7AM, then worked 4.25 hours. Since I had a fully free afternoon I went to the Regal to see "Before I Go To Sleep". I remember reading the book a couple of years ago - I was working in Italy for a week, and stayed up too late each night to get it read.
The film was (as usual) not quite a s good as the book, but certainly worth a 2.
A word about my rating scale.
5. Top ten read/watched. Be careful awarding a 5, as when you do, that's it. Game over. And you can't downgrade a score to make more room.
4. Top 100
3. Very good, but not quite reaching the top 100.
2. The standard score, and nothing to be ashamed of. A 2 was worth the time to read/watch.
1. Poor. No real necessity to finish.
0. So far only two books (out of a thosand plus books have been worth a 0, and neither was finished)
Spoilers.
It was interesting to see Colin Firth play a true baddy. The ending was a little different to how I remember the book, but that is probably just my faulty memory. All films seems to have to have a fight scene, and that spoilt it a little for me. For the first few seconds, the substitution of a camera for a journal to record her life was a dissapointment, but I soon got used to it and it was fine.
And just as an aside, there is a scene set at Greenwich, when the camera pulls up to see the anticipated view; which was very nicely filmed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment