Friday
M, John and I drove down, leaving about 5PM and taking a bit less than three hours.
Ted was very helpful allowing me to discuss my health with him, and advising me that it was now okay to exercise (though reiterating that I should warm up and warm down, and include stretches).
Saturday
After Ted's advice I thought it was okay to go off for a mountain bike ride. This was both the first time that I had been on a bike (other than a stationary bike in the rehab clinic) since my heart attack and also the first time that I had ridden my new (second hand) Boardman full suspension bike. It was a good ride. From the top of Holmbury Hill you can see the Shard and some other tall buildings in London. Coming back down the hill I enjoyed some single track. To think that 10 weeks ago I wondered if I would ever mountain bike again.
On returning to the hostel, John asked if I could take him and Mary to Harrisons Rocks. I was intrigued to see them, though was rather a long drove form the hostel. It was a lovely sunny day, much better than we should expect for the start of November and the rocks were much better than expected.
We had to rush back as a badminton hall had been hired at Dorking Leasure Centre.
In the evening we had chips back at the hostel. I disappeared for wile as it got quite noisy, but enjoyed watching a challenge develop to see who could pick up a box from the floor, without putting their hands or knees on the floor.
Sunday.
I had another MTB ride, but this time in the rain.
I dropped Mary off at Gomshall station so she could get back to London in time to see Rhys. This meant I missed a walk with Elizabeth. However, she was good enough to take me out and show me the rudiments of Nordic Walking. There is something of the evangelist about her.
We left at 2PM, and were home in a little over two hours.
A slideshow of more pictures, including pictures taken by M, is here, on Flickr





No comments:
Post a Comment