Family

Family

Friday, 14 November 2014

M's Hip Operation. Day 2. Friday

M has made much progress since last night.   I went to see her again today, somewhat earlier than yesterday, arriving while the ward was still in full day mode.  M was being encouraged by the occupational therapists to do a lap of the six bed ward with a zimmer frame. It was lovely to see her up and about, compared with last night when she was still in pain.  Once she passed the test on the frame, she was then taught ho to use crutches.  She says it still hurts, but only when she tries to move, not when she is sitting still, so good progress since yesterday, and I guess it won't be long till she is home.

She told me how it took ages to find the doctor yesterday, and she didn't get the morphine injection until about midnight, but it worked well and she slept.  

By 5PM, M was starting to feel sleepy, and I wondered if I had outstayed my welcome.  As I left she was fussing that she couldn't tidy up the area around her bed as she couldn't bend over.

I am now off to see Marcus Brigstock at the Arts Center tonight.  A treat for a radio 4 listener

No comments:

Post a Comment